Serving others may leave you tired at the end of the day, but with it comes a sense of accomplishment and humility. Here are ways to get more out of life by serving others:
- Practice courtesy and show others respect. Kind words, smiles and lending someone a helping hand go a long way in brightening up the lives of others.
- Spend more time listening and less time talking.
- Praise people and mean it. Giving praise is a great way to serve others. It does not cost a penny but the returns are immeasurable. You should always publicly praise people and punish in private.
- Keep all of your promises. One of the best ways to serve others is to do what you say you are going to do.
- Forgive people. Hard feelings are a drain on your mind and soul. Holding a grudge is a source of so much unhappiness in the world. Forgiving someone is a great way to serve, especially if the person did not even know they hurt you.